This is our milling machine that works by subtracting chunks from the stock. You can make about a 9x11 inch product on it. Materials include wood, foam and PCB boards. The milling machine is for education and prototyping purposes and can be used to name plates, derby cars, etc.
1. Please watch the videos below. These videos cover about 90% of things you need to know to safely and independently operate this machine.
2. Take the short quiz. Feel free to take it until you get 100%.
3. Sign up for a practice session. We will show you how to use our machine step by step, and let you practice designing in Solidworks and milling the name plate shown in the videos below.
4. Once you feel confident on using the milling machine, we will "certify" you. You will need to prove you can safely and independently follow a checklist to mill something from start to finish.
5. You can now use the milling machine "independently." Our current "Independent times" are Tuesdays 12-5pm. Please note you still need trained staff with you and children under 16 must still have a parent with them so please sign up ahead of time. Happy milling!
CONTACT US Boundary County Library PO Box Y 6370 Kootenai Street Bonners Ferry, ID 83805 208-267-3750