This is our large scale CNC Milling Machine You can make about 48"x24" product on it with our material that is purchased through a suggested donation. The ShopBot is for education and prototyping purposes and can be used to make furniture pieces, sculptures, mechanical parts and more.
1. . Please watch the video below prior to certifying on the Shopbot. If you are already familiar with the Shopbot Buddy, you may skip this step. These videos cover about 90% of things you need to know to safely and independently operate this machine. Some important stuff includes:
Emergency and safety
2. Take the shortquiz. Feel free to take it until you get 100%. Please print/ take a picture with your cell phone/email to yourself this results page, That proves to us that you did pass the quiz.
3. Please sign up at the library front desk for a practice and Q & A session. Ask questions and practice on the machine as much as you like until you are ready to test for a certification. You may test at the end of a practice session or another time that you sign up for. We will also cover other procedures not covered in the video.
4. We will give a certifying practical test where the maker independently goes through all steps of using the machine and machine an actual product. After successful completion, you are now certified on this machine and you can choose to receive a certificate if you wish
5. You can now sign up to use the Shopbot. Since this machine is fairly noisy, requires lots of space, and has lots of safety precautions, we can only let you use the Shopbot during certain hours. Please talk to us way ahead of time so we can set something up for you. Happy milling!
208-267-3750 PO Box Y 6370 Kootenai Street Bonners Ferry, ID 83805